A big thanks to all those who gave during our 2017 campaign and we also accept donations at any time during the year. For your convenience, we are now able to accept online credit/debit card donations - click on DONATE - or contact our office at 270-821-3170
We rely on the generosity of others to provide funding to local agencies.
Our 2017 Campaign is helping to fund 11 local partner agencies:
Big Brothers Big Sisters Hope2All Hopkins county 4-H Hopkins County Community Clinic
Hopkins County Family YMCA Kid Center Muhlenberg County Opportunity Center
PACS Senior Meal Program Pennyroyal Metal Health/Trace Industries Sanctuary, Inc.
The Learning Center of Madisonville The Salvation Army
*for more information on each agency, please click on Our Partners
Why Invest in United Way of the Coalfield?
Your Top 10 Reasons to Give…
- Your donation to United Way of the Coalfield is tax-deductible.
- Giving to United Way of the Coalfield is the most powerful way to give to your community. Your donation multiplies the community impact through the combined power of community giving.
- Your United Way involvement enables you to help numerous people, agencies, and programs in Hopkins and Muhlenberg Counties
- We teach our young people the power of teamwork and collaboration. By giving to United Way you become a role model, demonstrating the importance of philanthropy, community awareness, and social responsibility. These are important life skills that youth will carry into adulthood.
- Every dollar matters. It is amazing the difference you can make in someone’s life by simply donating the cost of a soda and a candy bar once a week, over the course of a year, to the United Way.
- The money you donate to United Way of the Coalfield supports LOCAL programs and agencies in Hopkins and Muhlenberg Counties. Dollars raised in our community stay in our community and build a better place for us all to live, work, and raise a family.
- When you help the community through the United Way, you sustain our vital non-profit agencies. For example, you might want to help children and youth, promote good health, sustain families in crisis, or help people develop crucial life skills. Your gift is personal and meaningful for you as well as many people in our community.
- Studies suggest that helping others has mental and physical health benefits.
- Our vetting process is conducted by local volunteers and ensures that funded agencies are making an impact in the community and the money donated is being spent to meet the stated need. Programs funded by United Way are accountable and reviewed and monitored on an annual basis. Your money is spent wisely.
- The strength of your community depends on the strength of your local United Way. The strength of United Way of the Coalfield depends on YOU.